Your rights are stated in the Charter of Hospitalized Patients’ Rights:
- you have a right to obtain information regarding your health. The information provided by your physician will allow you to participate freely in all decisions pertaining to your health
- your wish to be kept in the dark regarding a given diagnosis or prognosis will be respected except when third parties are exposed to a risk of infection
- you may designate a support person to support you throughout the care and decision-making process
- all NDS staff members are subject to the obligation of professional secrecy. Information regarding your hospitalization will not be revealed to any third party without your prior consent
- we also rely on your discretion with regard to any information you overhear during hospitalization in a double-occupancy room.