The Urology Department at NDS provides its patients with the best care through ER interventions, outpatient clinics, the short stay unit, and the surgery floor.
The activities of the department include:
- Diagnostic procedures: urodynamic testing, ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy, flexible fiberoptic endoscopy, etc.
- Therapeutic procedures involving the adrenal glands, the kidneys, the ureters, the bladder, the urethra, male genital organs and pelvic organ prolapse.
In addition to conventional surgery, these procedures are also performed using the most advanced of methods:
- Laparoscopy in order to reduce postoperative morbidity
- Lithiasis treatment: intracorporeal endoscopic lithotripsy and extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, percutaneous nephrolithotomy, flexible renoscopy with laser
- Ureteroscopy, cystoscopy, and endoscopic prostate surgery using all technical innovations (water jet, laser, bipolar)
- Incontinence and prolapse surgery (artificial sphincters, strips, etc.)
- Correction of erectile dysfunction using implants
Urologists work together to provide good treatment by holding department meetings (case discussions, review of medical records). Multi-disciplinary team meetings, including urologists, pathologists, radiologists, oncologists, and radiotherapists, are organized regularly since 2012, to provide the best management for our oncology patients. A web link is available since 2020, allowing online submission of cases by their treating physicians, to be discussed in our MDTs.
Attending urologists are actively involved in teaching and mentoring interns and residents on the practical and theoretical levels and, at the same time, undergo continuing medical training by attending national, regional and international conferences. The department thus has the skills needed and the most advanced equipment to provide patients with efficiency and security.