The recently renovated Emergency Division at NDS remains one of the best emergency departments in the region. Its high-level ER specialists are well trained to provide 24/7 care covering all medical and surgical pathologies. The department welcomes more than 18,000 patients every year and is close to a well-equipped technical platform providing speedy access to a wide variety of paramedical services.
The Division is divided into functional areas:
1) A welcome area
2) A care area:
- Resuscitation room (2 beds)
- Four multipurpose rooms (8 beds)
- Two trauma rooms (2 beds)
- Isolation room
3) A short-stay hospital unit area, which is earmarked for patients awaiting a hospital bed.
4) A pediatric welcome area composed of four examination rooms.
An ER physician is present at the premises at all times along with residents and interns.