- your attending physician will determine your discharge date
- once you receive a phone call from the Financial Affairs Division, you or any of your loved ones are kindly requested to proceed to the cashier to settle the fees or services that are not covered by your insurance plan
- the Financial Division will deliver a discharge slip, which will be deposited at the nurses’ station to have it signed. Upon leaving the hospital, the signed slip is to be given to the security agents to facilitate your departure
- patients are discharged every day before 11 a.m.
Once you are discharged, the nurse hands over:
- the copies of your lab tests
- X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, etc,...
- the medical prescription and the date of your follow-up appointment if need be.
Discharge against medical advice
If you wish to be discharged prior to the planned date, your physician will inform you of the risks linked to an early discharge. If the physician is opposed to it, you will be asked to complete and sign a discharge of responsibility.